Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Mixed Bag? Definitely!

A few weeks ago, I logged on to the Triple J website, and lodged a Mixed Bag request. A "Mixed Bag" is a selection of three songs, that are played during the Super Request program (Monday-Friday, 6-9pm).

I thought nothing of it, until I recieved a phone call from Rosie Beaton, saying that my mixed bag would be played that night, and recieved phone calls through out the night, getting me to introduce my songs.

The kicker was that I was driving between Canberra and Sydney, delivering my friend Gemini rally car back to him, so got to listen to the tunes whilst cruising in the car to our destination. I couldn't have planned it better.

What did I request?
Bomb the Bass: BugPowderDust
Hole: Doll Parts
Herbie: Right Type of Mood

Yeah, I know, a late 90's throwback, but I hadn't heard any of the tracks in so long. Now I'm going to have go scouring the second-hand record stores for each of these tracks!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?