Thursday, June 02, 2005

This could have been you!

A few Saturdays ago, I got to participate in the "2005 Snowy Hydro Southcare Canberra Rally Experience". I had a great day, even though the Datsun had to retire hurt with a broken driveshaft.

But the reactions of some of the people I got to take around in the rally car were fantastic. I got to take about 7 people before my car retired, and all seemed to enjoy their time in the car. The day raised about $5000 for the SouthCare rescue helicopter service, and gave people a taste of what rallying is all about.

And there were some cool photos that came out of it... like this one:

http://www.52photos.com/galleries/southcare_rally_exp/source/_mg_1327.html


Of course, I wish I'd been able to take a few more people for rides, but it's better that the car break there, than in serious competition. Well, as serious as my competition gets, anyway...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?