Sunday, May 07, 2006

Killing Time: Euro GP '06.

I'm desperately trying to avoid the temptation of scooting over to formula1.com and checking out the results, as I prepare to go over to Paulie's and watch the 2006 European GP.

Paulie made an open offer to me (foolish man!) about 2 years ago, that I could pop over and watch Grand Prix at his place. Why at his place? Because Paulie has the rear projection TV whihc is huge, the DigitalTV nous, and a supply of some of the finest scotches to while away the hours watching the hilarity of million dollar machines transporting million dollar princesses around tracks in lands far away, while we discuss real people in real motorsport, and what we are doing in that arena, natch.

It also means that I can avoid working on my god-awful 180B, which has returned from the paintshop today, with painted panels awaiting installation, and in desperate need of time spent on it if I'm to make the next event. But given that Canberra has turned into "The Ice Planet" today, motivation to go out and worship the motorsport gods in my shed is somewhat low. It shouldn't be. I've got a rally on in 6 days (only 5 sleeps), and a car that is in only slightly better condition than when I crashed it!

I was going to use the time my rally car was away to clean the shed. There has been nil action on that front, and instead my energy has gone into starting email discussions about various rules that really have no impact upon my life, but I am passionate about nonetheless.

Oh well.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?