Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cest la vie, Australia

I look back at Rally Australia as I knew it, and it is a pretty special event. I was lucky enough to get to drive around in one of the Advance cars at Telstra Rally Australia 2006, and it was pretty special. Well, the vibe was, the gig wasn't.

Despite the early morning of collecting Doctors, Fire, Ambulance and rescue personnel, and putting them in place at the start and middle of stages, I still got a pretty good feel for the vibe of that last event.

Whilst this won't be the last Rally Australia (the event will continue in 2008 from Queensland, as far away in Australia as you can get), it was the last one in Perth. And the vibe in Perth is always different.

It was good to catch up with the people over in W.A. I've been over several time snow, and whilst I seem to ingratiate myself with someone different every time, each time I meet up with those I've seen before, make new friends, and all of them look after me wonderfully.

I look forward to my next visit west. May the trend continue. Who knows who I'll meet next?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?